Thursday, October 18, 2012

Princesses, Cowboys, and Fireworks: The Final Summer Catch-Up!

Although there could be several different posts about  all of our summer activities, I decided to consolidate into one big, final, catch-up post and then we would continue on our way with the exciting things that have been happening this fall. Buckle-up! We have a lot to catch up on.

First off is one of our favorite events to date. Where better to have one of our first official appearances as royalty than at The Princess Festival? This awesome event put on by the Thanksgiving Point Institute was pure goodness and fun. We were able to meet and interact with so many sweet young girls, who were there playing and learning about the qualities of a true princess: how to be kind, giving, and a good example. Nothing keeps you grounded and seeing the good in life like being around children.
Best. Day. Ever. 

Honored to be spending time with these amazing little princesses. 
Dancing with the girls. 
Bucket-list: ride in Cinderella's carriage. Check! 
We did a brief interview afterwards and had a hard time trying to keep a straight face :) My attendants are the best! 

Next on our list of adventures was attending the Rodney Atkins concert after a fun day at Provo's Pioneer Day Celebration. A big thank you to the SCERA and all of their support to this Miss Provo program! It was my first ever county music concert and we LOVED it!
Pie judging at Pioneer Days. Yummmm!

WIth Rodney Atkins before the concert. Woo hoo!
Before the rain. 
BEAUTIFUL double rainbow after the rain!
Rock on, Provo.

Provo's Freedom Festival is an absolutely spectacular week of events. It is so critically important that we dedicate time and resources to remembering and honoring our heritage and those who sacrificed to make it all possible. I LOVE AMERICA! So naturally, I absolutely love the Freedom Festival.

We were extremely blessed to have attended the Freedom Awards Gala, which recognized the amazing efforts of a few humble men and women whose sacrifice and effort have helped secure and maintain the freedoms that we enjoy. This years Freedom Awards recipients were Laura S. Green (Fox News Religion Correspondent), Zane Taylor (WWII Veteren and community leader), Retired Lt. Colonel James H. Harvey (WWII Tuskegee Airman), and Dale Tingey (Native American studies and service). I was tremendously touched by their stories of courage, sacrifice, and love of God and country. It was an overwhelming honor to meet with them and hear their stories, and an experience I'll never forget. I hope the messages I learned remain engrained on my heart and stimulate a life of dedication to and gratitude for this great nation.

So grateful for our brave veterans, who continue to serve as examples or members of the color guard. 
At the Gala with the incredibly talented Alex Boye
 With Freedom Award recipient Zane Taylor, whose story brought me to tears and whom I will never forget. 
 With the inspiring Stephanie Nelson. A beautiful woman and a survivor in every sense of the word. You can view here incredible story by clicking here: My New Life
 With Governor Herbert and his wife Jeanette
 With Freedom Award Recipient and Fox News religion correspondent Laura Green  


In conjunction with the Freedom Festival, we were asked to perform at Colonial Days. This celebration was all about remembering our roots, and the inspired constitution on which our government still rests.

 Me singing one of my favorite songs
Lydia performing a dance
 MaCall sharing a piano piece  
Collaboration for "My Country Tis of Thee" with MaCall on piano, Lydia on violin, and myself on flute
And still enough time to play with the props backstage :) Ready to defend Provo!

We'll end on one of the more whimsical and exciting experiences I will probably ever have in my life: Provo's balloon festival. It attracts hundreds of spectators every year, and we were lucky enough to go up in a balloon! 

 Just before take-off with my new friend Emma, whose father piloted our balloon.
 These views of Provo from the ballon at appx. 2000 ft are nothing short of breathtaking. 

 Sunrise in the balloon!
Emma makes a beautiful princess, doesn't she?


Well, there you have it. An extremely watered-down version of one of the most incredible summers of my life. I cannot begin to say how grateful I have been for these opportunities. I hope you've enjoyed this long post, and stay tuned for more updates on our fall activities. 

Have a marvelous day! 

-Kaiti :)


No comments:

Post a Comment